In fact this recipe was cooked up with my BIL (Brother-In-Law) on a lazy Thursday afternoon. What do two guys on holiday do? They plan for an afternoon of beer, and then decide beer is great with barbecue, and head to Walmart to splurge $100 on a barbecue set and beer, only to realize that they have nothing to cook. So necessity became the mother of the "Sheesh Kebab".
Ingredients (Serves 3 adults and one very hungry dog):
- Lean beef/ beefalo mince - 400 gm
- Onions- 2 large
- Garlic- 4 large cloves
- Green chilli- 3 large
- Paprika powder- 1 tbsp
- Pepper- 1 tsp freshly coarse ground peppercorns
- Cumin- 1/2 tsp (roasted and ground fine)
- Salt- To taste
- Bamboo skewers- As required
- Butter/ Oil- To baste
First, take bamboo skewers and put them in a jar of clean water so that they soak through. Not necessary, but sure does help to prevent the skewers from burning out and breaking up on the grill. Next chop onions, garlic and green chilli into small pieces, blend to smooth paste. Add paprika, ground pepper, salt, cumin. Fold into the ground thawed mince. Leave to marinate.
- Don't run out of beer. Kidding apart, try pairing this with a salad. On a hot summer day you could throw in a quick 'mojito' - Crushed mint, lemon, white rum, little salt, ginger ale, ice. Heaven