- Sour Yogurt - 250 ml(I normally use Laban/ Aryan to substitute
- Besan( Chickpea flour)- 100 gm
- Ginger- 2 inch piece; shredded
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Cinnamon- 1/4 inch stick, crushed
- Turmeric- 1 tsp
- Cayene powder- 1/2 tsp (for colour)
- Pepper- 1 tsp whole
- Red Chilli- 3
- Salt- To taste
- Sunflower oil- 1/2 tbsp
Preparation (30 mins):
Whisk the yougurt with 1/2 a cup of water in a large bowl. Gently fold in the chickpea flour, whisking constantly so that there are no lumps left. Add the turmeric to the mixture and continue blending.
Saute the ginger, add cumin, cinnamon and red chilis to the mix. Once it starts to pop add cayene, a dash of salt and pour in the yogurt mix.
Cook on low heat for 15 mins while stirring continuously. Add a little water if required.
Just before finishing, throw in the pepper corns, cover and let it simmer for 5 mins.
Cool and serve.
- Kadhi leftover from dinnermakes for a great lunch with rice- especially if you have one of those marathon siestas planned.