Ingredients (Serves 2):
- Hammour Fillet- 400 gms, cut into medium sized pieces
- Button Mushrooms=100 gms
- Unsalted Butter- 3 tbsp
- Sage- 2 tsp
- Basil- 1 tsp
- Garlic- 1/2 large clove (shredded)
- Lemon juice- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- Lemon Rind- 1/2 sq.cm
- Pepper- 1/2 tsp coarsely crushed
Mix the butter with salt, finely shredded lemon rind, shredded garlic, chopped sage, basil, lemon juice. Mix into an even mixture. Make shallow cuts into the fish to increase area over which the sauce can be spread and speed up cooking. Use half of this butter- sauce to coat the fish. Keep aside. Preheat oven to 160 C for ten minutes. Place fish in an open baking plate and place in oven for ten minutes. Turn the fish over. Checking to see how well it's done. Now arrange the sliced mushrooms in between the fish making sure that they are dipped in the sauce. Cover fish and mushrooms with the remainder of the baste, add a sprinkle of salt, a dash of lime juice so that it doesn't dry out. Place in oven, bake for 15 mins. To check if fish is done, pierce with fork, fork shuld come out cleanly. The mushrooms are done if they start to brown over. Take care that the neither the fish or the mushrooms dry out.
- In absence of Hammour, you could use any mild white fish.
- If you want something as a side dish to much on, would suggest a brown loaf, that you could break off and mop the sauce with